Saturday, April 4, 2020

COVID-19: Finding Comfort in the Steps

The coronavirus or better known as COVID-19 has reminded me of my days a couple of years ago when I walked another path filled with darkness and fear. April 16th is coming up. That was the day that I let go of all of those chains, decided I was tired of walking in fear, darkness, and the shame of stigma and came out into the light and stood with others on a beautiful day to say, we have had enough.
The fear of this virus and the unknown has manifested in so many ways. I dug out my old notebook from several years ago where I jotted notes that helped me get through the days- sometimes minutes back then. I found so much comfort in walking those steps then. Yes, they were different steps back then, but as I read what I jotted down I still find comfort.
I had to tweak it a little but...
Just for Today: I admit I am powerless over this virus and that my life has become unmanageable. I didn't cause it, I can't control it and I sure as heck cannot fix it. So for today, I will let go of this unknown, and the fear that it has caused and just breathe...
I had to learn that I can only control me and how I respond and often it was the promise of Psalm 23.

© 2020 Gossip Girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment