Saturday, November 12, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #118 Write A Plan

Today is Day #118 of the Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says to write up a plan to get out of debt.

The book says,

You're sticking to your budget and now you want to tackle a bigger plan to get out of debt. It takes about three weeks for a new habit to really stick, so allow at least a month for your brain and spending habits to catch up to your new way of dealing with household expenses.

Don't let anything keep you from sticking to that new household budget, and resist the urge to buy new things.

Remember the best time for success is when you no longer can stand failure. Figure out a plan of action to take for those moments when temptation beckons and your will power weakens.

Reward yourself for not giving in. Have a small piece of chocolate, take a walk in a flower garden, or check out a book or video from the library to enjoy in a leisure moment. If you can resist temptation once, you can do it again.

How empowering is that!

The past few weeks have been draining. On Friday October 16th my hubby was laid off of work due to the economic downturn.

I listen to the media and thought everything was great with the economy! Apparently not so. This job layoff came out of the blue. I haven't had Internet for a few weeks because in times like this I had to decide at a moments notice exactly what bills would be paid on time. Internet is a luxury not a necessity.

I have had to apply some of these challenges to my real life in the past weeks.

Just For Today: I have been reminded these past weeks, Just Breathe! Today I will close my eyes, take a deep breath and try not to concentrate on the stress!

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment