Saturday, April 30, 2016

Not Alone

This Community Awakening, Memorial, and Vigil is not about me. This is about all of us. Let me tell you what really put the fire in me to do this. My son (I talked about him in an earlier post) has two young boys. Their parents struggle with heroin and addiction has been ongoing through these two boys lives. They are
ages 11 and 9. These two boys are hurting for what this is doing to their dad. They too are suffering because of something they had nothing to do with. They feel ...so alone. They think no other child is
going through this. They are two. I started thinking about the other children whose parents struggle with heroin.

WAKE UP MARTINSBURG! WAKE UP BERKELEY COUNTY WEST VIRGINIA!!!!!

These children of the heroin-addicted are the faces of the future of this town; of our community.

HEROIN and ADDICTION is a cycle. IF WE DON'T DO SOMETHING NOW WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF BERKELEY COUNTY? Just go into the schools and look at them. TODAY'S CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE!!!!

This is what really set my feet on fire to do this. Looking into my grandson's eyes and not being able to answer their questions. I talked to them honestly. I told them of the treatment center that could help their dad and all the other parents struggling with addiction. I told them that our leaders here are fighting over it. They said, So if there is something that can help why would someone fight and say it isn't a good idea? They are going to be there. I hope that other children who are affected will be there too because all of the children affected by Heroin and this addiction need to know

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
© 2016 Gossip Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment