Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #112 Balancing The Checkbook

Today is Day #112 of the Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says that we need to balance our checkbook every statement cycle.

The book says,

If you bank online, you may simply check your balances each day and take note of which bills have been paid or are queued up for payment.


However, working with a checkbook helps you know at a glance what your balance is when you are not near a computer.


Be diligent about recording any check you write when you are making purchases throughout the day. Some banks send with your monthly statement a how-to guide to balancing your checkbook, and it's worth taking a few moments to stay on top of your balances.


When the monthly bank statement arrives and there aren't any scary surprises, you'll feel both relieved and happy.


I don't bank online. I do however like the feature that banks offer with calling to get the balance. Personally I still do things from back in the dinosaur days balancing the checkbook and using a spiral notebook. Personally, I set down with my checkbook weekly and balance it each month when the statement gets here.

Just For Today: I will not stress over it!!!!

pic from: cartoon stock
From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment