Friday, July 1, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #19 Let Go

Today is Day #19 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to Let Go!

The book says,

"You can never go back to the previous moments or past events. Once you have moved through them, they are forever gone. Whatever is in the past that haunts you or makes you sad or fearful necessarily stays there. It cannot be undone.

If some past event or encounter still bothers you, do what you can to process through it and let it go. You alone give it the power it has over you. Release it and instead focus on the present moment.

Be mindful right now of where you are, who you are, and what you are doing. Paying attention to and being fully present in each moment of your life means you truly will be "showing up for your life."

That is the way to happiness."

For me, learning to let go is probably one of the hardest bridges to cross. For the past twelve years I have carried a lot of grudges where our sons heroin addiction is concerned. I know our son had choices way back then, but I have held a huge grudge against the person that turned him on to heroin. I have had to get to the place where I could release that past just to appreciate the present. As long as I held onto it I was still allowing all of that to have power over me.

Just For Today: I will find one thing today that I can truly appreciate.

From the Book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment