Saturday, December 10, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #134 Rely On Your Inner Wisdom

Today is Day #134 of the Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today ask experts for their opinions, but rely on your own wisdom.

The book says,

Rely on your inner guidance when you are in a seemingly intractable place and need to make an important decision, such as committing a child with extreme special needs to a specialized care facility.

You may fear that you can't make that decision. How can you find help? Seek expert opinions, talk to health providers and caregivers, get insights from families in your situation.


Go into the darkness, the place of unknowingness, and quiet the chatter in your mind. Be very quiet and receive what the darkness has to offer. Let your thoughts move towards hope, inspiration, and, finally, to your decision. Once your decision is made, don't second guess it. Be at peace.


Depending on your situation and the crisis at hand this example can be applied in different situations arising. Replace the child with special needs and insert your loved one suffering the disease of addiction.

In seeking help none of us really knows what to do in the beginning. I know I didn't. I wanted to find help for my son, but didn't know where to even start. That is why I have put so much information and links on this blog in the hopes of helping others just like you who don't know where to start.

First and foremost is yourself. How are you holding up in this crisis with your addict? Visit my page about Nar Anon. Do you need Nar Anon? Ask yourself the questions I've put on the page. You probably don't realize it but many who come to Nar Anon, come armed with information on treatment centers and are ready and available to help you. You also can contact The Hope Dealer Project for more information.

On the top of the blog you will see a page called, Treatment and Recovery Assistance. It is loaded with information including:

What Questions Should I Ask a Drug Rehab?

How Do I Choose The Right Rehab Based on My Loved Ones Need?

I have a link on How to Avoid SCAM's in the Rehabilitation Industry

The page is filled with phone numbers and information for you. If you scroll the side bar there is a section on local resources with links that I have provided.

Just For Today: I rely on my inner wisdom in so many areas of life.
From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment