Thursday, September 1, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #75 Wash Your Hands Often

Today is Day #75 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to practice good hand washing.


The book says,

Good health requires good hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer to prevent the spread of germs.

It's particularly important to wash your hands before eating and preparing food and before and after inserting contact lenses into your eyes.


Also, you should wash your hands after using the toilet, changing the baby's diaper, blowing your nose, handling garbage, touching any animal or animal waste, sneezing or coughing, or using any public restroom.


Encourage your family to practice good hygiene along with you. You'll be happier if everyone stays healthy.


Boy, isn't that the truth! Have you ever imagined what we pick up on our hands just pushing a grocery cart through the store? OR opening or closing doors to public stores. I once got ring worms and the doctor said it was likely I got this itchy parasite from a door handle or a grocery cart.

Several years ago my father got a super bug called, Klebsiella Pneumoniae. He visited a member of his church who was in the hospital. His doctor suspected that he contracted it at the hospital.

Another really bad germy thing we handle all the time is money! Money is good to have in your hand, but have you ever thought of what is exactly on the money you hold in your hand? Let me tell you it wouldn't pass any purity tests. If I told you the germs and the bacteria, you would probably never touch it again!

Would you be surprised if I told you that 90% of the US Currency bills passed around this country has trace amounts of cocaine on them?

I learned that from working in a local convenience store and was told by the guy filling the ATM machine up that just one single bill used to snort cocaine can contaminate an entire cash drawer.


Just For Today: The ways to living healthy empowers me and puts me in control!

pic from: jcruzwikispaces
From the book: Live Happy

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised about the cocaine factoid at all. That was my drug of choice when I was an active addict. Sad but true. Grateful to have those days behind me now and be in recovery. I'm also an avid hand washer. I'm astounded by how many people don't wash their hands after using the restroom at work. *cringe*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie- Congrats on your Recovery!!!!!! I don't if anyone told you, but walking away from abusing any drug is the bravest thing! The courage you had to walk away and choose recovery and to live makes you brave. Each and milestone for you is a Victory!!!!! LOL on the "cringe" restroom hand washing. :) I would love to share your recovery story here!!!!

      Delete