Saturday, September 3, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #77 Whatever The Question Chocolate Is The Answer

Today is Day #77 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about one of my guilty pleasures, chocolate!

Oh my! Can it be true? Chocolate, my favorite food group is now healthy! I love it when they prescribe something so fifty shades of chocolate, don't you?

The book says,

When you want a moment of pure pleasure, eat some dark chocolate. Not only does it make you feel good, it has specific health benefits.

Dark chocolate is believed to lower high blood pressure, improve blood flow in the arteries, and act as a powerful antioxidant. Dark chocolate may function somewhat like low-dose aspirin in reducing the blood's clotting ability, thereby reducing blood clots.

Also it has been shown to reduce the LDL or the "bad" cholesterol oxidation.
Finally, dark chocolate increases the brain's serotonin and endorphine levels, enhancing feelings of pleasure and happiness.

A caveat, however, is that milk seems to block the antioxidant absorption benefit of dark chocolate, and you have to balance the chocolate's calories against the total calories you consume each day.
Just nibbling a piece can lift your spirits.

Just For Today: I will indulge in my guilty pleasure. Yes please! One piece of chocolate!

pic from pinterest
post from the book Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment