Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #81 Internal Rejuvenation

Today is Day #81 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to complete a half day fast for rejuvenation.

Years ago I learned about detoxing the body. This should be done before starting any Liv-It Regimen.
Richard Simmons called it Liv-it instead of Diet. I think his words of wisdom means, we want to live the program not die trying it.

Oh I have a very funny story about my own personal once a year January 1st Regimen. I start the first week of every year detoxing using the "Fart" Soup Diet Plan. I will have to post that story 
sometime.

The book says,

Check with your physician to ensure that you can safely start a fast.

There are many types of fasts, from total abstinence or food to eating only certain types of food or juices.


A fast can last for a few hours to a day or more.


People who fast usually drink water or juice to keep their bodies properly hydrated. Because so many debilitating diseases are related to overconsumption of food and diets high in fat, sugar, and other less-than-nutritious ingredients, consider undertaking a fast for detoxification and rejuvenation.


Many people believe that fasting can make you more energetic, enable you to think more clearly, and increase your sense of well-being and happiness.


Today there are so many juices and smoothies that we can make right in our own kitchen to help with a half day fast or a detox. I personally have used an over the counter colon cleanse to detox my body. Not only am I doing my body good but afterwards I feel very energetic. Not energetic as in I am ready to run a marathon, but it energizes the soul.

Just For Today: I am happy for those things which rejuvenate my body as well as spirit!

pic from softly laughing
From the book:  Live Happy

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing the half day fast. My kids and I used to make fruit smoothies everyday during the summer last year. I think we did it too often because we burned ourselves out on them. Maybe it's time to start doing them again. They are really healthy and so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the burning yourselves out on the smoothies. :) They are delicious though. I like the beet and apple and greenie smoothies. :) Whenever I feel sluggish I rejuvenate with a detox. :)

      Delete