Friday, September 16, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #89 Get Plenty of Rest

Today is Day #89 of the Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says that we need to have at least eight hours of sleep.


Sleep- something we all need but do not get enough of.  Many of us on this side of the addiction do not get enough sleep and often suffer from insomnia from worry and stress over our loved ones using and abusing drugs.

The book says,

If you want to wake up happy with a hopeful, positive outlook, get adequate sleep. Your body needs it. Without sufficient sleep, sleep researchers say, your mental function becomes impaired.

Certain regulatory systems and important organs continue their vital work while you sleep. Researchers have been able to pinpoint parts of the brain that actually increase their activities when subjects are asleep.

Inadequate sleep has serious consequences. For example, it can negatively impact your daytime performance, causing lower levels of energy and duller thinking. Adequate sleep however, enables you to wake up refreshed, energized, and in a good mood.

Having a son who has problems with addiction I do not like taking meds. I have occasionally had problems sleeping due to the stresses. For this I sought out holistic means. In the past I have relied on Melatonin to help put my brain and my body back into a sleep pattern.

Personally, I do not use melatonin long term. I have only used it for a few weeks for the serotonin benefits until I have a natural sleep pattern. I am not suggesting that you use this product. I am just telling you what I have tried. Please seek your own means and if you need, consult with your physician first.

Just For Today: Life is wonderful. I trust in God/Universe to live a well fulfilled life as stress and worry free as possible.

Other Links I Found:

Dr. Oz Melatonin Fact Sheet
Sleep Web MD
Sleep Disorders

pic from: HeidiHo Hideout
From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment