The book says,
If you are stretching, walking, or running, do it in nature. Consider joining a group of people who congregate in a nearby park on Saturday mornings to practice tai chi, chi gong, or yoga.
Doctors say the best kind of exercise is the kind that you enjoy enough to keep doing consistently. If you like to socialize while working out, get out of the house and meet some friends at the high school football field, on a jogging trail, or at a local park.
Breathe some fresh air, take in the lovely sights and sounds of nature, and work out while enjoying the camaraderie of others.
I have read that exercising in nature has several benefits.
- Fresh air has more oxygen.
- Exercising outside raises the serotonin level.
- It triggers the primal regions of our brain and psyche.
- Increases feelings of well being and lowers depression.
- Sun exposure increases Vitamin D and helps optimize hormones.
If you can't find an exercise group consider starting one with your friends.
Just For Today: I enjoy my workouts. They make me feel more energetic
pic from: Mountain Girl Fitness
Post From the book: Live Happy