Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #16 It's Okay To Laugh

Today is Day #16 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is a big one. Today it is about laughing. Although we have all of this going on around us dealing with loving someone who is using and abusing drugs we need to give ourselves permission to occasionally laugh. It's okay.

The book says,

Heard any good jokes lately? Have you tried passing them on to others?

Telling a funny joke is a terrific way to cheer up others, defuse tense situations, add much-needed levity in times of stress, and generate some positive effects on your health.

Memorizing a joke and telling it to others is just one way to cultivate a sense of humor.

Did you know that laughing may actually reduce your risk for heart disease and can mitigate damage incurred when you are experiencing deep distress and pain?

Also, some sources say that while sniffles, sneezes and coughing are contagious, laughter is more so.

What to feel good?

Be able to laugh at stressful situations. Did you hear the one about...?

For today laugh and tell a joke.

I used to do nothing but cry over this. I have lost so many friends over the past eleven years. One day two months ago the sun started to shine when I realized that I was not alone. Little by little I have gotten back the courage to smile and laugh again.

Just For Today: I Will Find One Thing To Smile and Laugh Over.

From the book: Live Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment