Monday, June 20, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #8 A Happy You

Today is Day #8 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into the Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is, A Happy You.

I know it is hard in loving someone suffering from this addiction but it is okay to allow yourself to be happy. I know it is hard. I've lived it now for eleven years with our son. It often can just start with a smile. (Day #2 of the Challenge- Smile More Often) Personally I can tell you this week of the challenge has been pretty good week and it started with Day #2.

The book says,

"Put a picture of a yourself- of the younger, thinner, happier you- on your desk."

If you don't have a desk, put the picture where you can look at it all of the time.

"Gaze at the image of yourself in the picture looking fabulous. It can move a mountain of negative thought, boost your self esteem, and make you feel good.

Find a picture of yourself when you felt the most happiest and alive. Frame it and put it where you can easily see it.

If you have pictures but none are that great?

No problem. Use graphic programs or digital image tools to rework your scanned photo or image. Erase the wrinkles, shift the curves, and turn back the clock.

Have fun creating a fabulous looking new you.

Gaze at the picture when you need a little dose of happiness. Let it spark some good vibes."

The object of this challenge is A Happy You. As time has went on we often have to search for a reminder of happier time. There was a time that we were very happy. It is also okay to take a current picture and photo shop it to boost your self esteem. Have fun with today's challenge.

The picture I have chosen to use for my challenge was one that was taken on my wedding day. This was one of the happiest days in my life starting a brand new life with my soul mate.

Just For Today: I will look beyond the imperfections

From the book Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment