Thursday, June 30, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #18 Comfort Food

Today is Day #18 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is to cook your favorite dish. We all have a favorite food right? There is nothing like comfort food is there?

The book says,

Cook up something spectacular such as the comfort food of your childhood, an exotic creation you first tasted on your honeymoon, or even a savory palate-pleaser you learned to cook when you were dating or cook your favorite foreign dish.

If you are a working parent, then it's unlikely you ever cook just to please yourself. So, once in awhile cook what you want instead of what the kids will want to eat. If the kids don't like your dish make them a frozen pizza to nibble on, or order one in.

While you savor every bite of that Moroccan tangerine chicken or New England crab cakes, Mid-western style meatloaf, or southern fried chicken or whatever your favorite dish may be. You know how happy you feel eating your favorite food. That's why it is your favorite.

Speaking of comfort food reminds me Sunday's at my parents and mamas good food. After church the kitchen filled with family and the smells of mamas cooking. For years after I was married, Sunday afternoons spent in mamas kitchen made the best memories.

Now this doesn't mean to binge until we feel guilty about it either. Me, my favorite food group is chocolate. I once thought I perfected the art of making fudge.

Do you have a favorite dish or favorite food? A favorite dish?

Just For Today: I will find comfort in eating one piece of chocolate!

From the book: Live Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment