Thursday, June 16, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #4 Change One of Your Faults

Today is day #4 of the Nar Anon Just for today Challenge. Today's Happiness Challenge is to change one of your faults.

Everyone has faults, but that doesn't mean that you are stuck with yours. Pick one you would like to change or eliminate. Take time to do a little self examination with complete honesty.

Do you frequently gossip?
Do you have a short temper or quick fuse?
Do you procrastinate and avoid facing problems until they snowball out of control? OR
Are you still blaming others for the things that are wrong in your life?

Choose to fix what you don't like about your life.

Start with one today. Then pick another tomorrow and soon it becomes easier letting go of faults.

Remember to see the goodness in yourself and in others. Allow your inner strength and joy to be the heart of who you are.

All I can say on today's challenge is, WOW. I am so guilty of all of the faults listed above for this day and many more not even listed. One of my biggest faults is that I hold onto grudge. I let that boil into an anger deep inside of me. All this anger and grudge has consumed me. Especially the feelings and emotions of a certain someone where my sons addiction is concerned. I need to let go of the resentment I feel towards a certain person. I have to stop feeding these feelings.

Instead of asking God to change others, I need to ask Him to change me.

Just For Today: I will look for the goodness in others so that I may see the goodness in myself.

pic for this post found @ Words on Images

This is from the book, Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment