Saturday, March 25, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #223 Help With Habitat for Humanity

Today is Day #223 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says to volunteer time and help out with a Habitat for Humanity Project.

The book says,

Swing a hammer, carry some lumbar, and otherwise help build a home for a poor family if this appeals to your social conscience. Habitat For Humanity is a nonprofit organization that works in tandem with volunteers in communities worldwide to build houses for the low-income people.

Former president Jimmy Carter and wife spend a week every year swinging hammers to help erect affordable shelter for the poor on behalf of Habitat For Humanity.

If you believe that you could be doing more to help the less fortunate, then grab your hammer, go out, and work up a sweat with people like yourself working with Habitat for Humanity.

Now I personally have never helped with the Habitat program but I know others who have. I do help out in other ways. I help many of my neighbors in need. I help several older folks with housekeeping chores around their homes. Locally we have a Day of Caring. Mine just exceeds into days, months and years of caring.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Habitat is a good way of showing that you care, but there are other things you can do also to help out in your community. Donate to the local food banks is one way. There is a very good program happening every Thursday at the First Baptist Church on King St. here in Martinsburg. They feed the hungry every Thursday evening. Here is the link to Habitat Eastern Panhandle for those who are interested.

Just For Today: I will continue helping my neighbors in need.

Just a quick note, today is the last day of the challenges for the section on Finding Happiness Living Healthy. I wanted to add a quick note that the next section of Challenges will resume May 1, 2017, after the April A-Z Blogging Challenge is over. I have the first week of April posts completed and ready to go. I need to work on the second week. I still have about three days of posts I am still trying to complete. I hope you understand.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment