Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Challenge Myself: Join a Rowing Club

Today is Day #220 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today suggests joining a rowing club.

The book says,

If you like working out with others, join a rowing club. Rowing tones the arms builds upper body strength and involves all major muscle groups. Basically, rowing takes tow forms.

Sculling is when rowers have an oar in each hand. But when the rowers have both hands on one oar, that type of rowing is called sweep rowing. Rowing is a low-impact exercise but does require a degree of agility, grace, and teamwork.

Rowing as a team teaches you to work together for maximum effectiveness. The boat advances more quickly when the rowing team members row fast and in unison. So make some new friends, learn the art of rowing, get in a regular workout, and feel good as your body becomes trim and toned.

Just For Today: Appreciating the challenges of living healthy in the exercise challenge.

From the book: Live Happy



1 comment:

  1. Not sure I could row as a team, but I'm so grateful I learned that recovery is a team effort. I tried it alone and failed miserably. When I reached out for help, things went much better. :)

    ReplyDelete