Sunday, February 5, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #176 Let Your Dream Take Flight

Today is Day #176 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says we need to incubate our dream and then let it take flight.

The book says,

This exercise might not seem too specific, but in fact it is. Incubate means allowing something time to reach its fullness. Letting your dream take flight is letting go of the restrictions you might place upon yourself and your dream.

Instead, think about it until it reaches its fullness then let it go. Follow it.


Writer, Anais Nin once observed that a dream was always ahead of her and she chased it, but when she caught up and lived in unison with it for a moment, that moment was nothing short of a miracle.


Dreams open your mind to beautiful and exciting possibilities. Give your dream full reign. You may even discover happiness and unfathomable success.


Not many know this about me, but I have started a few writings in spiral notebooks. Several story ideas I started years ago. One dream I always have is to one day get these writings finished and possibly publish them.

Several years ago I was working to get one published to a Kindle read. Some who have read my other blog will know this about me.

Real life took me in another direction. I do want to get that crossed off my list so maybe this year will be the year I get it published to Kindle.

Just For Today: My dream of publishing a short story has incubated for several years. I am hoping this year I can make this a reality.

From the book: Live Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment