Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #193 Organize and De-Clutter

Today is Day #193 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says to clean your desk top at the end of each day.

The book says,

Time management experts say that a clean desk is important for several reasons. You work more efficiently when you know where documents and tools are at all times rather than having to search through piles of disorganized material on your desktop.

A clean desk signals to others that most likely you are an organized person with efficient and effective work habits, thus inspiring confidence. Don't wait to clean that desk off. Get yourself some garbage bags, several filing boxes, manila and hanging folders, labels, and an organizer for your to-do lists, addresses, and other data, and a calendar.

Join the ranks of happily organized workers.

I don't have a desk job at work. I can see the importance of the information given in todays challenge. I don't claim to have OCD behaviors but I know personally that even a little clutter can cause some disorganization. When we are disorganized it is hard to find something. Especially a little piece of paper I needed for work a few days ago. The feelings I got knowing I had put it down and it was shuffled around.

Just For Today: I am starting to declutter my mind and my home.

From the Book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment