Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #192 Write a Thank You Card

Today is Day #192 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says, write a thank you note to someone on your team

The book says,

A member of your team helped you meet a deadline, stood in for you in a meeting, or even took on a part of your workload, so take the time to write her a thank-you note.

Keep the tone professional and adhere to good writing standards, avoiding slang and words whose meaning might be misconstrued.

Don't send your thank-you note by email. Although e-mails are appropriate for various types of office communication, a hand-written thank-you note is a personal expression of appreciation. By contrast, consider how a hastily written message of thanks, sent by e-mail, might be received.

When you let workers know that you view them and their contributions as important to the team's success and take the time to write a thoughtful note, most likely you'll be rewarded with loyalty and assistance the next time you need it.

I always thank those who have helped me in big ways but I have never given them a little note of thanks.

Just For Today: I will let those who help me in big ways know with a thank you.

From the Book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment