Sunday, February 26, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #196 Delegating Tasks

Today is Day #196 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says to think of three tasks someone else could do and delegate them.

The book says,

When a job or project is too big for one brain and one set of hands, it's a good idea to delegate. If you're not a manager and this isn't your job, speak to your manager about it.

The dictionary says that the word "delegate" means to entrust or hand over to another.  When your workload is lighter, you can focus more intently on every aspect of your job and most likely do it better than when you were overloaded.


Think of three tasks that you could easily hand off to someone else equally qualified to do them, and let him go to work. Allowing that person to honor you by doing the job to the best of his ability means that you won't micromanage him. Trust him and give him time to do his best work. Then, everyone will benefit.


I work in a warehouse. Today's challenge wouldn't necessarily be something I could apply at my job, but others may be able to depending on the type of work that you do. I do ask for help if a task becomes too overwhelming for just one person to handle, but I am just not in any position to delegate the workload.

Just For Today: If I feel overwhelmed on a task given to me, I do ask for help.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment