Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #186 Keep Calm and Buy Your Boss a Cup of Coffee

Today is Day #186 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today suggests that we buy our boss a cup of coffee.

The book says,


If your boss never notices you, buy him/her a cup of java and that may change. Or just do it as a spontaneous act of thoughtfulness.
Consider what it might be like to do his/her job.

It is unlikely that your boss was hired because of some kind of likeability quotient but rather because that person had the right credentials, experience, and know-how to do whatever the job entailed. If you find your work at times challenging and stressful, imagine what your boss feels.

Wouldn't you just love to have someone buy you a cup of coffee when you feel challenged, frustrated, glum, unfocused, behind schedule, or stressed?

So buy that cup of coffee for your boss and put a smile on both of your faces.

My boss notices me, but I understand the daily stresses there just for my job. I can't imagine hers. So I am taking her a gift card for some Starbucks Coffee as a way of appreciation.

Just For Today: Appreciation and kindness come in small gestures. I am showing both with a cup of coffee.

pic found @ vega-licious

No comments:

Post a Comment