Monday, February 27, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #197 Take Relaxation Breaks

Today is Day #197 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says to have moments of relaxation during the workday.

The book says,

How do you feel at the end of a typical workday? If you often feel drained, totally stressed out, and in a bad mood, try to find a few moments throughout the day to de-stress and relax.

Some people find that a quick nap or a half-hour power nap over lunch can push away fatigue and re-energize them. Others swear that a brisk walk when they can practice mindfulness and deep breathing is equally beneficial for banishing stress and helping them refocus.

Try getting in a little workout going up and down some stairs. Step outside for fresh air and sunlight. Sit somewhere for five minutes and close your eyes.

Just breathe in and out, mindful of the breaths. Feel relaxed.

Each morning before starting work we do stretching exercises to get the muscles ready for the day. I know people who power nap on their breaks. I like to go outside for my breaks, even when it's cold to get fresh air. When possible on my days off I take a few minutes of "me" time. I meditate daily.

Just For Today: I will take moments to de-stress during the work day even if it is just stepping outside for some air.

10 Relaxation Techniques to Help De-Stress

I am a huge fan of and use homeopathic and all natural means on most days because I know the catch to traditional meds. Oh No! Not Me!

I use Bach's Flowers Rescue Remedy and Hyland's Nerve Tonic. I am not in any way telling you that these are what you should use. I am saying this is what I use because both work for me in my situation.

What do you do to de-stress before, during or after your workday?

pic found @ quotesgram
From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment