Monday, February 20, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #191 Remember to Praise a Job Well Done

Today is Day #191  of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says we should single out one coworker each week and praise that person.

The book says,

When you see a coworker's extrodinary effort to get a project completed or to do a particular task well, offer some heartfelt praise. A word or two of encouragement can mean a lot to that person. Plus, people tend to be more productive when they know that their efforts are appreciated.

If you are a manager or leader and don't feel you are getting the best effort from your workers, think about what you can do to raise the morale and set the tone for a friendlier, supportive work environment. Make it a priority to appropriately praise and reward dedication and effort on the job.

Although I am not a manager or a supervisor I have worked in those positions in the past. I know how important it is for people to know that they are doing a good job. In my department at work there are several who stepped out into leadership position this past busy season.

All of them did a great job! They were helpful and supportive even on days when they were stressed.

Just For Today: I will remember to say thank you to coworkers today.
I've learned that people may forget what you said,
people may forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment