Monday, February 13, 2017

Challenge Myself: Day #184 Sharing Our Dreams With Our Children

Today is Day #184 of the Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my daily Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today says we need to share our dreams with our children.

The book says,

Draw your children into your conversation about your dream. Share with them your ideas about how you plan to achieve your dream. Seek their input as well. Their ideas may strike you as silly, crazy, imaginative, inventive, or solid- you'll never know unless you chat with them about it.

When you involve your children in creative brainstorming, you are teaching them how to formulate and work on their own dreams. Children's minds are ever-evolving. As they grow, their minds develop. They begin to differentiate between rational thinking and emotional thinking.


By including them in your dream sharing, you help them develop healthy minds that can adapt, solve problems, and evolve further.


As I have grown older and listening to my grandchildren, I appreciate a young imaginative mind. One of my grandchildren in particular has a wild imagination. He often tells me stories about a character which is real, but he makes up stories about this character. He calls this character, Freddy Frazzberry. Although he often gets carried away, I think maybe one day he will be the storyteller.

Just For Today: Appreciate the imagination of a child.

pic found @ tjonajourney
From the book:  Live Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment