Saturday, August 6, 2016

(SONG) The Maker


Oh, oh, deep water
Black and cold like the night
I stand with arms wide open
I've run a twisted line
I'm a stranger in the eyes of the Maker

I could not see
For the fog in my eyes
I could not feel
For the fear in my life

And from across the great divide
In the distance I saw a light
Of John Baptist
Walking to me with the Maker

My body, my body is bent
And broken by long and dangerous sleep
I can't work the fields of Abraham
And turn my head away
I'm not a stranger in the hands of the Maker

Brother John, have you seen
The homeless daughters
Standing here with broken wings

I have seen the flaming swords
There over East of Eden
Burning in the eyes of the Maker
Burning in the eyes of the Maker
Burning in the eyes of the Maker
Oh, river rise from your sleep


YouTube Video
Song Lyrics By: Song Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment