Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #56 Effective Listening

Today is Day #56 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about listening when others are speaking.

The book says,

The art of actively listening means to be totally engaged when someone is talking to you. When you truly make an effort to understand others, they appreciate it. Consequently, your relationships with them are strengthened.

Make sure you truly understand what your friend tells you by repeating his words back to him or her. 

You could start with, "I want to make sure I understand what you're telling me."

Express your understanding of what he or she is saying and if it isn't right, the person will correct you. Listen without judging. Be fully present. Pay attention.

Your relationships will be stronger and happier as a result of your effort.

Just For Today: I will listen.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment