Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Pathway to Healthy

Tomorrow starts the next section of the Live Happy Challenges on the Pathway to Healthy Happiness. I peeked at it of course. I know I will benefit from these next set of challenges.

The stress of dealing with a loved one who uses and abuses is often too great. Because of stress we find we smoke too many cigarettes, or eat too much junk food. Stress can lead to many unhealthy habits.

Many of us on this side that I've spoken with will tell you, "we smoke way too many cigarettes."

Some hadn't smoked in a couple years and the stress of dealing with someone you love in this addiction has led many to pick up the habit again. I am sure that those who are recovering or have recovered from this addiction also have their vices especially with smoking.

I personally like a glass of wine or two in the evening. One particular stressful evening I found that I had almost drank an entire bottle of wine. My first thought was OMG!!!! How easy it would be for me to become an alcoholic just dealing with the stress of all of this!

I am really careful. I still like a glass of wine in the evening, but I limit it to one glass. If it is a day I am very stressed, I won't drink any.

The stress of our son using and abusing has led to the couch potato affect and I found I didn't do a lot of physical activity. I only wanted to be left alone.

When I am stressed it affects my sleep. Either I have trouble falling asleep or I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep.

We used to eat healthy, now I have found that we are eating more junk that isn't good for us. I had cut out all packaged foods. I found a cupboard with boxes of it. These are easy to make. At one time I was very careful reading labels to cut out all of the artificial sugars, colors and flavors. I have found I am reading the labels less.

We used to go to the gym three days a week. We haven't been to the gym in about a year.

I still prefer to shop and get fresh veggies from local farmers markets.

I grow what I can in my backyard.

I especially love foraging natures grocery store for wild foods, berries and herbs.

I am all about all natural and organic.

I am all about holistic and naturopathic means.

I am hoping for me that the next set of the Live Happy Challenge puts me back on the road to healthy. Healthier living and a better lifestyle!

pic from: My NaturoPath

No comments:

Post a Comment