This post is about Grand Parenting which is happening at much higher rates around the country and particularly here in West Virginia with our out of control heroin and opiate epidemic and high overdose and death here in the Mountain State.
I found some links on Grand Parenting that may be of interest
to you IF you are raising your grandchild/grandchildren as so many in this country/state:
1- AARP Grand Facts for West Virginia. This is somewhat outdated with 2010 information and a lot of the links do not work. I was able to type a few into google.
2- AARP Guide to Grand Families: The Guide For Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. This link contains important information you will need for the grandchild as well as a guide to help you keep lists, keeping binders and staying organizational.
3- Grand Families of America
4- Sharing Space
5- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren- Help Guide
If you are a grandparent raising your grandchild or grandchildren contact WV DHHR. There are programs there to help you.
- Benefit and Government Assistance Eligibility Tool - find government benefits for yourself or your relative
- Child Welfare Information Gateway - promotes well-being of children by providing information, resources, and tools covering topics on child welfare, child abuse and neglect, out-of-home care, adoption, and more
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF) - promote the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals and communities
- Children's Bureau - focuses on improving the lives of children and families through programs that reduce child abuse and neglect, increase the number of adoptions, and strengthen foster care
- Child Care Locator and Information - helps families learn more about the quality child care and how to locate programs in their communities
- Raising Children Again - a fact sheet for grandparents on being a parent again, possible benefits, and resources
pic from: Growing Trend