Sunday, August 7, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #54 Making Friends

Today is Day #54 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about being the type of friend you want to attract.

I lost several whom I thought were close friends during our sons battle with heroin addiction. However in losing friends I gained several more through speaking out about the problem here and through NarAnon.

The book says,

If you are seeking loyalty and trust in your friendships or the romantic friendship you hope to have, first cultivate those qualities within yourself and then demonstrate them to others. In so doing, you become a magnet for exactly what you want.

Similarly, if you seek a gentle, loving spirit for a life partner, avoid someone with a mercurial, and volatile, and temperamental nature.

Although opposites do sometimes attract, you'll most likely be the happiest with a kindred spirit.

The friends I've made- we show each other support even though we are fighting our own battles in this heroin epidemic. Thank you for standing by me when I am happy and when I am sad.
Just For Today: I am grateful for the friends I have.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment