Monday, August 8, 2016

Challenge Myself: Day #55 Being Neighborly

Today is Day #55 of our Nar Anon Group Just For Today Challenge. I am also integrating the Live Happy into my Challenge. The Live Happy Challenge for today is about being a good neighbor.

I don't really do the "neighbor thing". I wave and say hello but I don't visit the neighbors on a regular basis.

The book says,

Get to know your neighbors. When you meet a neighbor while out tending your flowers, picking up the paper, or walking the dog say hello to him or her.

Invite your neighbors over for coffee or strudel or cinnamon rolls. Get to know your neighbors. That means finding out what is important, what their hobbies are, what kind of work they do. Find out what mutual interests you share.

From the beginning, build friendships with your neighbors. Plan parties on your street for Christmas or Independence Day that involve all the neighbors and their children.

You'll be creating memories and cultivating relationships to last a lifetime.

I say hi to my neighbors when out that is about all I wish to know. I help a couple of my neighbors and I work with two of my neighbors. We take an elderly neighbor a plate when we have extra. We are private people and we wish to remain private people.

Just For Today: I will pray for my neighbors.

From the book: Live Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment